Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Origami Lucky Hearts

You've heard of lucky stars but have you heard of lucky hearts? They're constructed similar to lucky stars with only a few adjustments. They're also just as quick to make. Fill up a jar for a Valentine's Day gift or string one on thread to make a necklace. Click here for the video tutorial.

Heart Necklace

If you want the hearts to be sturdier, cover them in a coat of decoupage glaze. Besides making them sturdier, the decoupage will give them a nice shine.

9 comments:

Whimsical Woodland said...

I have tried so many times to make lucky stars, and have yet to master the folding. Mine always end up squashed. I can't wait to try these hearts!

Little Ol' Liz said...

We've been folding paper footballs forever, as a means to teach proper flag folding to our kids. Now we can make these hearts --- who knew!

Awesome sauce!

JustHeather said...

Cute and easy. I'm giving them a go!

zakkalife said...

Whimsical Woodland,

I think the hearts are easier to make so I hope you have better luck with them than the stars.

One trick I've found with both is that you don't want to wrap the paper too tight or flat to start. If there's a little air between the layers, it's easier to puff them up.

Unknown said...

These are so sweet, and the paper you chose to use is so pretty too!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

very cool..Love the print too :)

Erin said...

Oh, I love those! They'd be the perfect Valentines gift for my daughter! Gorgeous...

miss rena said...

love these just made one and plan on making with the kids in my afterschool program. Thanks so much!

Melony said...

These are so adorable! A great idea for kids!!

http://mel-designs.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/02/brown-grocery-bag-origami-pouches.html

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.